Tonight most people are celebrating Halloween, but I am celebrating Marathon Eve! Tomorrow is the big day! I’ve spent this evening completing the final preparations for race day.
- Carb-loaded with a delicious pasta dinner
- Drank plenty of water
- Attached my race number to my shirt
- Attached my timing chip to my shoe
- Laid out my clothes for the morning
- Set 3 alarms to ensure an on-time wake-up
- Reviewed the course map
- Wrote directions for my family – they will be seeing me at mile 8, 18, and 23
Now I’m going to ice my knees and foot and do a little reading before (hopefully) dozing off for a good night’s sleep!
I can’t believe the day is finally here – I’m so excited! Thank you to everyone who has offered me so much support along the course of my training. I will be thinking about each and every one of you tomorrow throughout the course of the race. Without the love and support of my wonderful family and friends (and blog readers 🙂 ) I wouldn’t have ben able to do this. So, THANK YOU!
I look forward to writing a race recap for you tomorrow evening!
P.S. If you want to watch some of the race coverage, check your local NBC listings. You won’t see me on there (I’ll be in the back of the pack!) – but you will see some pretty amazing elite runners!