Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!
My training schedule said I should have run 10 miles today (a little break from the longer runs), but for some reason in my mind I only wanted to do 8. Earlier in the week I told myself I would only run 8 miles if it was still smokey from the fires. Well, there was no smell of smoke in the air this morning, but I still had my mind set on doing 8 instead of 10. I think it was my body telling me I needed a little “break” from the training schedule. After following it pretty strictly for the last couple of months, I think I wanted to rebel a little. So, I only ran 8 miles instead of 10. Oh well! I did run those 8 miles at a faster pace than normal, which felt good. I’m ready to get back on track this week in preparation for a 15 mile run next Saturday.
I’m just about halfway through my training program, and from here on out I have some goals I would like to accomplish:
- Remain injury free by training smart
- Incorporate more speed work into my mid-week runs
- Try some hill repeats once a week
- Continue eating healthy in order to lose a few more pounds (My dad always tells me that running is all about weight – the less you weigh the easier it is. So true! And, he would know, considering he has run many marathons.)
- Do 20 minutes of runner’s yoga twice a week
Although I felt slightly disappointed in only running 8 instead of 10 miles this morning, I do feel very proud of what I am achieving. I am grateful every day that my legs are strong enough to carry me through my runs. I hope they continue to carry me through the remainder of my training and through the big race. I’m looking forward to the road ahead!